Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In Response.....


I can't seem to get my emails answered in a timely manner so here is a blanket answer to the top asked questions. First of all, essential oils: I am working on it. I need to get it set up which doesn't require much but once again, time is my problem. I would like to get it all done in the next two weeks and I would like to have any who are interested over for a meeting with the top oil guru in the valley. She will be here to answer your questions and help you know what oils you may need. Please email me if you are interested and what is the best times or days for you. There is no cost. I am not doing this to start a multi level business. I just simply love these oils and want to share them with you. No pressure in anyway. If you want some, you can order them. This is not Amway. I have to say that on my beach trip, our friends little girl was stung by a bee and I just happened to have my peppermint oil on me. One of its qualities is removing the sting from insect bites. We dabbed a drop and voila ! no sting. Great stuff. It also tastes and smells wonderful.

Next: Magnesium oil. Where to get it? You can go to www.powerhousehealth.net or call 1-866-256-8206. Great stuff. It is inexpensive and we should all be using it. There is a big difference between pills and transdermal application. My sons blood work proves it. If you haven't checked out my Magnesium blog, go to the entry on April 3rd. If you would like to learn more about magnesium oil, email me and I will forward a word document book to read.

Last: Recipe request from Tate's birthday. I had a recipe club last year and received so many incredibly yummy recipes. I made two of them Sunday and they are always a crowd pleaser. Here you go. Super easy . Just pretend that it is actually fall and cool enough to make soup.

Creamy White Chili
Courtesy of Lindsay Jensen

1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 medium onion, chopped
2-3 red potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 t. garlic powder
1 T. vegetable oil
2 15 oz. cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 14oz can chicken broth
2 4oz cans diced green chilies
1 t. salt
1/4 t ground cumin, rounded
1/2 t pepper
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream

In a large sauce pan, saute chicken, potatoes, celery, onion and garlic powder until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 min or until potatoes tender. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream.

Pumpkin Dessert
Courtesy of Kelli Granum

1 yellow cake mix, reserve 1 cup
1/2 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 20 oz can pumpkin
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
2 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soft butter

Mix cake mix, except 1 cup reserved, melted butter and egg. press into a 9X13 greased pan. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 eggs and milk together. Pour over crust. Make topping of reserved cake mix, sugar and soft butter. Crumble over filling. Bake at 375 for 50 minutes.

11 comments:

Abby Runyan said...

Count me in. I'm so excited to learn more about the oils.

Anonymous said...

please don't be offended, and go ahead and erase this comment, but it's "voila" not "walla!" It's French and means literally "look there!"

Shari Goodman said...

Not offended at all. It didn't look quite right when I typed it but I never double checked. One of those brain farts. Thanks for the correction. I will change it.

Laurie said...

I'd like to come!

Linda said...

Shari,
I would love to come learn about oils! I found you through your cousin Ashley's blog. Love Love Love Ashley AND your blog!!

Kim D. said...

I would like to attend. I will make myself available anytime you plan for.
Thank you!
Kim Davis

Explore & Grow said...

Very informative blog. Thanks!

Lois said...

My friend Heather told me about your blog. Question: Do you order from Azure Standard? If no, check them out www.azurestandard.com I think you will love what you see!

Anonymous said...

count me in. mornings are best! Nancy mentioned she was going to do a class, can't wait to learn more. Did i mention I love Nancy! Thanks for that.

kaleyq said...

Hi Shari--don't know if you remember me--Kaley Quist. We were in the ward (Higley Groves) together and then moved to NY (but now in UT). Andrea W. told me about your blog. I really enjoy it and have learned so much. Curious about which essential oils you use. I am just emerging into that world and anxious to learn more. There are so many out there and have looked seriously into one company (not for the MLM, but for the quality of oils). So just curious--thanks for sharing your insights and knowledge!

DK said...

Shari I would also love to come and learn about oils. I'm open to any night during the week. My email is dkimball311@msn.com and I live in Queen Creek. Thanks ~Deena