Friday, November 11, 2011

Baked Oatmeal....



I love baked oatmeal and have wanted to share this one for quite a while. I just kept forgetting to get a photo for you all. It is so easy and fills the belly for hours. It is a great cold weather dish. It is better for you if you soak it overnight but in all honesty, I have never done that with this dish. It will change the texture but it is much easier on the stomach if it is soaked.  I just have never planned ahead with this dish to do that. If you do, let me know how it goes. I will try to do better the next time!


Baked Apple Oatmeal
From Molly's Cookbook

1 C. whole rolled oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 tsp. sea salt
3 T. maple syrup 
1-2 peeled and diced apples. (I grate mine sometimes)
1 1/4 C. milk (I use coconut or almond milk)
Nuts if desired.

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a glass pie plate. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into pie plate. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit. Serve with a little milk, whipped cream or yogurt if desired. 



4 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe! I let it soak overnight and it was DELICIOUS. I was out of apples so I used pears. Your idea to grate the fruit is genius - much better than the diced fruit. This will be a new staple at my house.

Anonymous said...

This was so delicious! I already made two batches.
Please continue to suggest meal ideas and healthy recipes.
You're a genius! LOVE your blog.

Austyn said...

I made this last week and it was awesome! My kids actually ate oatmeal!! Thanks so much

The Johnsons said...

We've made this and it is sooooo yummy! All the kids asked for seconds. ;)This will be a staple in our house as well. Thanks!