Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Charlie's soap powder







With a big family which includes lots of stinky boys, I go through lots of laundry soap. I shy away from the chemical filled soaps so that means it is a little pricier to do the laundry. 

I read about Charlie's Soap and am super impressed. You can get 1000 loads for $105 bucks. No residue. No chemicals. The best part is that it really cleans. This is a great year supply item to have on hand.

Here is info from their website:


Biodegradable Laundry Powder
Charlie's Soap Laundry Powder is a laundry detergent originally developed for use in textile quality control labs.
Charlie's Soap is truly the answer to getting the cleanest clothes with the biggest savings while at the same time caring for the environment.
Charlie's Soap Laundry Powder is a clear, scent-free laundry powder that cleans thoroughly, rinses completely, and leaves nothing behind but the sweet smell of clean.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Charlie's Soap
  • Only use one (1) tablespoon per large load!
  • Safe for all HE machines.
  • Softeners are not recommended or needed. That means even greater savings on your laundry!
  • Non-toxic & completely biodegradable.
  • Safe and effective for all fabrics, including silk, wool, linen, cotton and high-tech micro fibers.
  • Contains no clays, dyes, phosphates, ultraviolet brighteners or perfumes.
  • Will not fade your colors.
  • Removes entrapped odors from athletic wear.

Some stores in the valley do carry it if you go to their website and type in your zip code. They also carry natural cleaners as well.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari, how does it perform against soap nuts?

Also, I noticed Abe's Market is no longer selling Wildflower hair body Wash, where do you get it now?

Thanks!

Nora

Shari Goodman said...

I haven't seen the wildflower soap anywhere. I don't know if it is made anymore. I will have to look again to see if it is on the market somewere. Thankfully, I stocked up last time!

I haven't tried soap nuts since I had some friends who said they didn't get their clothes as clean as they wanted. I love the Charlie's soap! I can't believe how little you need to use. My clothes are clean. I am totally sold.

April said...

I used to love Charlie's soap! I've used both the liquid and the powder. I used it for three years, and then noticed my clothing was becoming more and more dingy and it smelled like I had never even washed it right out of the dryer. My washer also started smelling horribly. My mom had the same issue with her clothing, washer and using Charlie's Soap. So we both quit using it.

I've been looking around for a better alternative and I now use Biokleen laundry products which I really like. If you have an HE machine, there are 128 loads out of one 64 ounce bottle that costs about $12.00, which is a little cheaper per load than Charlie's Soap. So if you ever have issues with it, you could try the Biokleen and see what you think.