Monday, March 26, 2012

Growing up.

To get the most out of your garden space, grow whatever you can vertically. I use tomato cages to grow my cucumbers, peas, pole beans, berry bushes and cantaloupe vertically. It also keeps the fruits off the ground and helps them to be nice and straight. I saw this picture on Pinterest today and am having my other half whip this up this weekend. 




I am using it to grow my cantaloupes vertically and then am planting some New Zealand Spinach underneath it benefiting from the shade. This way, you get double the space in your garden and it looks pretty also. We even have all the supplies on hand! He was so happy to have another project to do for me (:! 


If any of you are still needing some plants for your garden, shoot me an email. I can still get you some from Hatching Bunny Farms. I picked up a few more today. Heirloom, organic and beautiful. 

3 comments:

GrainCrazy said...

I love to hear the things you are doing with your garden. You have so much energy. It is inspiring. :)

Marilyn said...

Would you consider doing a pictorial garden tour? I'm a desert gardener too and I love learning about what others are doing.

Joint Pain Oil said...

Gardening is my hobby. I love to live within green, fresh plants, beautiful coloured flowers. They inbspires us, freshens our mind, body. Thanks for this sharing.