Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Whole Grain Banana Muffins



In my preschool class yesterday, we made these delicious and healthy banana muffins. I had quite a few moms call me to ask for the recipe their little ones were raving about. I thought for sure it was on my blog but for some reason, it never made it as a post. So, for all those moms out there wanting to know what all the hype was about yesterday in class, here you go! They all wanted more. I just teased them with one.

Whole Grain Banana Muffins

3 ripe bananas
1/2 C. coconut oil
1/3 C. coconut milk  (You can use kefir, sour cream, yogurt or any other creamy thing)
2 eggs
1 1/3 C. Coconut sugar (I used a little less)

Mix and combine until smooth

Add:

2 C. whole grain flour
3/4 t. sea salt
2 T. ground flax meal
1 1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla

Mix in dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour into greased mini muffin pans or any size pan, loaves work as well.

For mini muffins, bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes. For loaves, bake at 325 for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.


3 comments:

Mary said...

just made these with isaac and they are so moist and gooood!! thanks you a new FAV!!!

Anonymous said...

whole grain and bananas?! What's not to love?!

Kelli Brown said...

I totally want to make banana muffins. They look so good right now.