Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Toothpicks

Today after our movie day, we still had some time on our hands; me and 7 kids. We decided to take a stop in at the 99 cent store. Seriously, they have everything. I turned them all loose to buy one magical thing. It took them almost 30 minutes to find the right thing. My son had grapefruit juice. Whatever tickles his fancy! I came out with a bag of mini marshmallows and 1000 count box of toothpicks. They were curious. 






It took a whole two bucks to entertain them for one hour of tower building fun. I had them convinced, well all but one I am told, that these Mexico made marshmallows would make them really sick. They had some pretty creative designs using at least 500 toothpicks. Great fun.


On the topic of toothpicks, they are a staple for my preschool classes. They are great for developing their pincher grasps to be better at writing and coordination. When I give them their fruit for snack time, they get a little toothpick to eat with. It makes the fruit taste better, I am sure of it. They also love to lace their cheerios on the stick and count to ten. We also make shapes with them and letters. So much fun for a buck!



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing