Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Bin" Crazy......



There is absolutely nothing fancy to this bit of organization, but I guess that is why I love it so much. Since I am a freezing guru and have a bit of a love affair with storage bins, I combined the two loves. I love these cheap little plastic bins to organize my frozen goods. I have them in both freezers and have the bins organized with different groups. ie, in the kitchen freezer, I have one that has my frozen fruit for the smoothies and one with nuts and other baking goods like the chocolate chips for easy access. Outside I have one for cheeses, one for meats, etc. It is so nice to know where everything is so I don't have to dig around in my big freezer. I also like to be able to see when I am running low on certain items. I also love the square ziplock reusable containers in all sizes. They stack much better than the round and use up space better. There you have it, a little more of my cheap and no frill organization tips that always make me wonder once again, why didn't I do this earlier!!

3 comments:

Sherri @ Dude I Made It said...

I love the bin idea.
I've had back to school stuff on my mind lately and wondered what you put in your kids lunches. Do you add the customary "treat"? What do you send to drink? I'd love some healthy ideas!
Sherri

amy said...

Oh how I wish I were as organized as you are - I have to remind myself that I have other strengths.

Megan said...

that is a good idea shari! My freezer has driven me nuts for years!!!