Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 17 and 18.

What a perfect weekend! We enjoyed lots of family time together and were blessed to listen to our LDS general conference on TV. The messages are always so inspiring and uplifting. The messages were loud and clear; we are here to help each other. We are to pray for guidance on who to help and to be obedient to the inspiration given. What if everyone in the world actually prayed to help one another? What a nice thought. You can listen to the conference messages here.

Saturday was a tough day on the diet for me. I think for the most part I just needed more food. I didn't eat enough and all I could think about was what I was missing. I just wanted a good bean burrito or taco. Sunday, we had a family gathering with Mexican food, and I had my fill with a good Mexican salad. I ate a good sized serving and was full! I woke up feeling much better and without guilty cravings. Moral of the story, fill up with the good stuff so you don't crave the bad stuff. It's sort of like going to the grocery store hungry; you will want more of the unhealthy stuff if you are hungry. 

I also have had a problem with Anemia this past year. A lot of it hopefully will be solved with my surgery next week but I have tried to just fix it with green smoothies. It has helped a little but it is not sustaining. I finally bought an iron supplement and I feel sooooooo much better! I don't feel like I have lead in my blood. I wish I did this much earlier. My naturopath suggested the liquid Floradix which I purchased at Sprouts. It works quickly. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs more iron. I don't like to rely on a supplement but sometimes we need a little extra help. It feels so much better when we do!

Day 17 and 18.

Breakfast: Apple waffles on day 17  and Almond pancakes on day 18. I was hoping that using almond flour would make the pancakes stick to my ribs a little longer and they did. There were filling and they didn't go right through me like the grain pancakes. 

Almond Pancakes

1 cup Almond Flour (Almond meal can be used but it will be a little crunchy!)
4 eggs
2 T. honey
1 t. vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

Mix together and cook on a hot griddle. 

Lunch: I really don't remember lunches much on these two days. Saturday I ate very little, thus the reason I was craving tacos, and Sunday we had an early dinner so I skipped lunch.

Dinner: Day 17 I had coconut korma. It is vegetarian and delicious. I was lucky enough to have some in the freezer from a previous dinner so there wasn't any prep involved. It is easy, especially if you have a pressure cooker. 


You can find the recipe here from a previous post. Honey in place of the sugar or omit.

Day 18 was our extended family dinner. We each brought part of the Mexican salad. We had black beans, pulled pork, spanish rice, sauteed onions and peppers, tomatoes, guacamole, shredded lettuce and salsa. It was all gluten and dairy free! Thanks, family. 

I am getting lots of emails from those of you who are doing this with me. There are lots of good reports and I am so proud of you! Stay strong.

No comments: