Thursday, December 11, 2008

Reindeer Names.....


Just in case you too have little elves who like to shake, rattle, hold to the light or any other means of gift guessing the wrapped present under the tree.....here is a great little idea I implemented years ago. The children are all given reindeer names,different ones each year. They have no idea which reindeer they are until Christmas morning. That way, I can put names on all the presents so I know who they belong to , but they have no idea. They can rattle all they want, they don't know if that gift is for them so it takes the fun out of it. Sure, they are all confident each year that they are the reindeer with the most gifts under the tree, and this becomes a game in and of itself of figuring out who is who. They haven't been right yet. Nonetheless, they try. So, if you too have the rattlin', peakin' elf syndrome at your home, you are free to borrow the reindeer name game. Copyright lifted.

10 comments:

molly pickett said...

I love this! My mom always did stickers where each of us would be a different character. Snowman, santa, etc.. We never figured it out! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!

Tracey said...

I love it.... I will be using this game over here!

Peaceful Mommy Kayleen said...

How fun - I think I'll do it even though I don't have peekers!

Diane... said...

WOW Shari...Your blog is loaded with lots of wonderful stuff...I'll be checking in after Christmas to read and learn...(some of the receipes before Christmas)...The MERRIEST to you and yours!!!

Megan said...

Great idea! I had to remove all the presents from under the tree this year or else there would be no surprises at Christmas. I will be using this cute idea in the future for sure...when Jake can't tear the name tags off and I won't forget who's presents are who's.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S. Fillmore said...

We do this too. This year I am using Christmas treat names like: figgy pudding, fruitcake, candy cane, gingerbread, etc. The kids love it.

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Brilliant. At least someone out there is smarter than my kiddos! :)

Julia said...

Fantastic game. I will try it with my kid too :)