Thanks to all the lovely ladies who came to my class tonight. I had a great time. As per our conversation on oils, the Be Young website is not done just yet so I have pasted some of the common oils below for now. I will send emails to those who wanted more info. These are the basic "first aide" oils. Here are some of the uses and how to apply them. These are my favorites along with the Breathe blend and Oregano oil.
Lemon Oil $15
• Inhale as needed to stimulate concentration and memorization.
• Diffuse to help protect from air-borne germs. Add 1- 2 drops to purified water in a
spray bottle to help cleanse high traffic areas.
• Kills surface bacteria. Use spray (above) do disinfect personal areas while traveling,
to keep kitchen sanitized.
• Apply 1-2 drops neat to skin irritations, such as insect bites, for itch relief.
• Agitate 4-5 drops in water for an invigorating shower or bath.
• When out for meals, use 1 – 2 drops rubbed on hands to cleanse and disinfect.
• Calms nausea
• Stops bleeding. Gums, shaving nicks, bloody noses, etc.
• Citrus oils are Photosensitive – do not expose skin where citrus oils have been applied, to direct sunlight for 48 hours
Eucalyptus Oil $12
• The oil of choice for viral and respiratory infections. Anti-bacterial. Congestion of
any kind – sinuses, skin, female organs, etc.
• Swimmers ear – apply from behind the ears down the neck to clavicle.
• Sinus infections – apply straight or 50/50 across bridge of nose & sinus area of face
• Cold or flu – 1 drop to wrist & forearm back and forth every hour…maybe a trace on
tongue and in a capsule 2 to 3X day
• To boost immune system, apply everyday after shower on chest and feet
• To ease viral infections apply to chest, clavicle and on back
• Foot bath – use in foot bath to soothe and cool and prevent illness from setting in
Peppermint Oil $16
• Pain - minimizes bruises. Gently tap a few drops
• Headaches – apply to back of neck, forehead, temples, nose - smell, make a hot tea
• Gastrointestinal problems – Put a drop on tongue
• Heartburn (lemon & peppermint liver cleanse)
• Migraines – apply to forehead & temples right away
• Hot flashes – back of neck or put into water to drink
• Pain – use for bone pain – smashed finger, shin, etc. Use instead of Vicodyn; Drop
right on gauze after surgery along with Fysical Thera P
• Burns – very cooling
• Headaches – forehead, temples
• Bee stings – instantly works; Drop on stings, tap and blow on it
• Use a drop of peppermint stirred into a teaspoon of honey for a stuffed nose.
• Inhale a drop of peppermint from a tissue for travel fatigue, indigestion, nausea,
motion sickness, and gastrointestinal cramps.
• Mix in a warm tea to dissipate congestion.
• Acid reflux – Marjoram and Peppermint in palm of hand and stir with finger
Lick finger and spread the rest over gastro area
Lavender Oil $19
• It is the Universal Oil
• Burns, cuts, cysts on face, scrapes, sleeping, and shock straight
• Bathtub with Epsom salts to relax and soothe sore muscles
• Spray for sunburns; mix several drops with water and drop of peppermint, shake and
• Antiseptic, calming, relaxing and balancing.
• Relaxes and soothes the nerves when faced with anxiety, vertigo, depression,
headache and migraine, hypertension, and earache.
• Provides allergy relief.
• Antispasmodic and stomachic properties calm asthma, colic, whooping cough,
flatulence, dysmenorrheal, labor pains, sprains, strains and stress.
• Regenerates cells and thread veins, bruises, cuts, sores, scars, and stretch marks.
• Useful for areas of inflammation such as athlete’s foot, burns, insect bites, itching,
rheumatism, scabies, chicken pox, cystitis.
• Beneficial for oily skin, acne, and dermatitis; excellent antiseptic properties ward off
skin parasites, such as scabies.
• An effective insect repellent.
Tea Tree Oil $22
• Anti-Bacterial. Use with infections.
• Use like Eucalyptus
• Dip toothpick & suck on it
• Apply behind & under ear, down jaw & down to jugular vein, pulse points.
• Scrapes/cuts getting infected use straight
• Pink eye – 1 drop oil, ¼ tsp salt with warm water & put on compress over eyes
• Abscess in mouth – 3X daily
• Sore gums by molars 3 X day
• Wisdom tooth removal instead of antibiotics
• At first sign of prickling sensation at back of the throat, take a drop of Tea Tree on
the tongue, also apply under jaw line, along the path of the jugular vein, from the
ears down to the clavicle.
Spice of Life Blend $29
• Apply single drop to back of fist. Lick. (We call it the ‘lick trick’. Very spicy!)
• Put a drop or two on the bottom of the feet. Rub in.
• Put a drop or two on a slice of apple – delicious! Helps children to ingest the oil.
• Use to season Pineapple Upside Down Cake – immune enhancing cake!
• Use instead of Altoids or similar breath freshener.
• Blend 3 – 4 drops of oil with 1 Tablespoon of raw honey, pour hot water over and
make an immune boosting tea.
• Place 1-2 drops in the palms of your hands or on a carrying cloth and inhale any time
of the day. Breathe through each nostril 2-3 times. Repeat after 15 minutes if
• To use as a traditional remedy for protection when the body is most challenged,
• 20 drops in 10-15 minute intervals throughout the day, making sure to give 30 minute
breaks between intervals.
Fysical Thera P Blend $29
• To relieve weariness, aches and pains. Apply neat to the affected area.
• For relief with fast action, apply 3-5 drops directly on the targeted area and alternate
between cold and warm compresses for 60 minutes.
• Apply topically on palms of hands and bottoms of feet.
• Mix 3-5 drops to 1 Tablespoon Message oil and massage on irritated, inflamed areas
and weary bones.
• This invigorating and healing blend will perk up the senses and ease congestion.
Rub 2 – 3 drops on the palms of the hand, inhale.
• To ease achy, overused muscles, massage a mixture of 3-5 drops diluted in 1
Tablespoon of Message oil into the targeted area.