Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fried Cauliflower





Cauliflower really doesn't taste like much in my opinion unless you dress it up a bit. I don't like it raw at all so I forgo the nutrition a bit by pan frying this little appetizer. After you plate this crispy veggie, you will be glad you fried it also. You can do this with broccoli as well. It puts a whole new spin on the brassica family.






Parmesan-Fried Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower
2 T. flour
2 eggs
4 T. freshly grated Parmesan
salt and pepper
large handful of fresh parsley or other herbs, use dried if you have to.
6 T. olive oil

Break the cauliflower into florets, then steam for 6 minutes until tender, not mushy.Let cool to room temperature.

Coat the cauliflower florets in flour, one at a time.

Beat the eggs, then add the Parmesan,salt and pepper to taste. Finely chop the herbs and add it as well.

Dip the florets in the egg mixture. Heat the oil in the pan and fry when hot on all sides until golden. Drain and serve hot.

***Recipe in Gusto Italiano- for more great recipes like this, buy the cookbook at the Amazon store on my blog! One of my new favorites.

Now with that, I am leaving. It is time to go create memories with my little ones before they fly away. It is a much needed break. Have a wonderful week. I will talk to you all soon. Feel free to shop in my store and check out the great products I have. I will take orders when I return.

XXOO --hope you are creating some great memories for yourselves this summer!

3 comments:

Tosha said...

I tried this with broccoli and potato starch instead of flour, delicious! The best broccoli I ever had.

kami said...

Just made this...yum! I did it with GF flour and also added some garlic to the egg mixture. My two year old ate it right up!

Alisha and Josh said...

This is the ONLY way that I will get my kids to eat cauliflower- it rocked! Thanks for a wonderful recipe :)