Monday, July 26, 2010

Playtime for the munchkins

Pssst......

I have a few slots open for my PLAYTIME class for your 2 1/2 for 3- year-olds beginning in August.

What is it, you say?

It is a class on Thursday's each week for the little ones focusing on social readiness for their upcoming entrance into the school world. This class is modeled after the "Floortime" method of teaching using purposeful play to teach basic lessons in behavioral, intellectual and social areas.

We will be crafting, singing, cooking and learning all in a fun and intimate environment.

Best part is you get a 2 hour break each week to get some grocery shopping done!

The class starts on Thursday, August 19th from 9:30 to 11:30. The cost is $35 per month. Classes are held in my home in Gilbert.

Can't wait.

(They don't even have to be potty trained.)

5 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

Do the parents need to leave their child? Also, what do you do about food allergies?

Cassie and Joe said...

Hey Sheri, I am Mikes cousin, Joes wife. I know I've seen you at family things, but I don't think I've ever really talked you. Anyways, I am totally interested you're class for my 2 1/2 little girl Keelie. Where in Gilbert do you live? I live in Mesa and if you live to far out in Gilbert it might not be worth it. I have been looking for some type of preschool or class to put her in and this sounds perfect. You can email me back at cassiejeanpenrod@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Shari Goodman said...

Tirsa,

Yes, parents leave their child. This will help them to get ready for school. We are really focusing on social skills. With mom's there, it is really hard to get them out of their shells.

As far as allergies, I am a pro at that. I will have a questionnaire so we make sure all allergies are known and that snacks provided with work for each child. I am very sensitive to that since I deal with that daily with my little guy. We want all the little ones to feel included.

allie said...

This sounds awesome!!! Wish my little guy was old enough. How many months do will you be doing it?

Shari Goodman said...

This will be for the school year.