I received a great email from a friend and it appears I may be wrong about coke after all. Read some statistics on water and Coke and see for yourselves.
Water or Coke?
Water: 1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism
is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight
hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters
studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses
of water a day could significantly ease back and
joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
short term memory, trouble with basic math, and
difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of'
colon cancer by 45% plus it can slash the risk of
breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to
develop bladder cancer.
Coke: 1. In many states , the highway patrol carries two gallons
of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway
after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will
be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: pour a can of Coke into the bowl and let
it sit for one hour. The citric acid removes stains.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers, rub
the bumper with a rumpled up piece of foil dipped in Coke.
5. To clean corrosion from car batter terminals , pour a can
of Coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt, apply a cloth soaked in Coke to the
bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: empty a can of coke into the pan.
8. To remove grease from clothes, empty a can of coke into the
regular cycle, add detergent and the coke will loosened the stains.
So you see, I guess I am wrong. It turns out that Coke is a good thing.....for
cleaning up that is. So, if you must have Coke, use it on your toilet bowl only!
Some more information for you:
1. the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve
a nail in four day. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones
and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup, (the concentrate) the commercial
trucks must use a hazardous material place card reserved for
highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines
of the trucks for about 2o years!
Now, the question is, would you like a glass of water? or Coke?
(For you Dr. Pepper drinkers, you are not off the hook. Put it down and get a glass of agua.)