Friday, April 18, 2008

Safe Food Friday

It's Friday again and I do have a few new finds for you. Once again, Costco is the place of choice. I am so glad that they really try to get good foods out there. Now, we just need the public to buy them so that they will continue to stock them!

Kirkland extra large roasted peanuts. These are roasted in coconut oil. This is one of the best oils for you!
Pesto. This is sold in the fresh pasta section. You can split this into smaller batches and freeze it if you have a smaller family. I made delicious paninnis in my foreman on some Naan bread from fresh n easy, grilled chicken, spinach and mozarella. Delicious!
Organic Blue Corn chips. I hate the color of these but they actually taste better than Tostitos. Organic corn is really the only corn we should be eating since most corn is so modified and processed. These were great.
Wholly Guacamole dip. This comes in a three pack, eat one, freeze the other two. This had a really great fresh taste, great with the blue corn chips.
Mango Salsa. This is a fresh salsa sold in the fridge section. Love it especially on mango tacos.


I stopped in Fresh N Easy the other day in the afternoon after their markdowns. They have a produce shelf for items on a quick sale basis. 50% off. I bought 4 beautiful perfectly ripe pears for $1 and a bag of 8 limes for $1. Usually limes are about $.50/each. I also found my favorite mini corn tortillas for $.66 for 36 count. They were expiring the next day. I bought all three bags and froze them. Thawed one last night and they were great. I love their afternoon sales!

Tomorrow I get my first Bountiful Basket order. I will take a photo of the basket and let you know just how I plan to use each and every item in the basket with some great recipes. I hope I get something crazy and have to really venture out. It feels like Christmas. Pathetic, I know.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

Cindy Thomas said...

I think it's the little things in life (a basket for you) that keep us moving! :) Have fun! I'm excited to see what you get! (I need to do some research on something like that here in TX... anyone? anyone?)