Friday, April 4, 2008

Safe Food Friday

Thanks for all of those who are keeping an eye out for great foods. I have a couple for you today.

Costco carries a new dressing called Far East Sesame Dressing. It is great for a Chinese chicken salad and a marinade. They list spices but I called the company and they said it is only ground pepper. It is also gluten free. Cindy Thomas emailed me about Costco's Zesty cilantro dressing, kind of like a spicier ranch. Everything looks great in there as well and has real good flavor. You could always do better by having expeller pressed oils but beggars can't be choosers. I will take it!

Another blogger advocates the Herdez salsa. Great ingredients and she says that it tastes great! Thanks Terri!

Thanks to Jan King for sending me this ranch dressing recipe. The recipe is for a vegetarian dip but you could use regular milk and mayo if you want. Just try to find a good mayo. I am going to look for that this weekend. Sounds like a good recipe. I will try it out!

Ranch Dressing

1/2 C Rice milk (plain) or regular milk
1/2 C Vegenase or mayo
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
3 T. Red wine vinegar
1 T. dried parsley
salt
pepper

Blend all until smooth in blender. Store in refrigerator for up to a week.

1 comment:

Shawni said...

Shari, thanks for your great blog. You have such great info. I wanted to tell you I made that Greek dinner the other night...heavenly. My whole family ate it up with glee. Anyway, you are amazing.