Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 4.

Good morning to you all. First news, I passed up the hot fudge. I wasn't even really tempted even though I had some on my fingers from stirring it. I washed them off without a lick. The thing that saved me was the delicious brownie I had. I will get to that. Soooo good! 

I am down about another 1/2 pound. Creeping along. I did eat a big dinner and the brownie so no surprises there. 

My arm did not itch at all yesterday. Usual when I get near my garden, it flares up or at night in bed. Not a bit of itch yesterday. After a month of it, it was a welcome change. Now, what food was the trigger? Hmmm.

I am loving being gluten and dairy free. I feel so good in the belly department and I don't feel like I have sacrificed anything. Even when the month is up, I will still continue to eat mostly gluten free. Hopefully. Remind me if I don't. We over populate our diet with gluten. There are so many more grains and if we don't rotate, we can build up allergies. Not to mention, gluten can be inflammatory. Also, if we are eating commercial grains, we are getting all the good GMO and pesticides that go with it. No thanks. 

Breakfast: Running late to church. I had a piece of toast and an egg.

Lunch: I just nibbled a bit. I had a smoothie, a celery stalk with some peanut butter and the rest of the quinoa salad. I could eat that at every meal.

No snack. We had an early dinner.

Dinner: I made Greek Chicken Shish kabobs and Greek lemon potatoes. We also had fresh fruit, of which I only had a couple strawberries. I guess using the lemon violated the "no citrus" clause but it wasn't like I was eating a whole orange or anything. I went with it!



Sorry for the iphone photo. They were delicious and super filing. 

Greek Marinade:

1/2 C. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 T. fresh chopped rosemary
1/2 T. dried thyme
1/2 T. dried oregano
2 lemons, juiced
1 1/2 t. sea salt.

Cut chicken into chunks and marinade 4-8 hours or overnight.

Greek Lemon Potatoes

4 russet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch rounds with peel on
1/4 C. lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 T. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp lemon zest
3 minced garlic cloves
2 tsp salt

Pre heat oven to 450. In a large bowl mix all ingredients except for potatoes and cheese. Toss in potatoes and turn until all covered in marinade. Spray baking spray in 9 X 13 pan and layer potatoes. Cover with 1 cup boiling water. Bake uncovered until almost all liquid has evaporated and potatoes are tender , about 40 min.

And for Dessert:The Brownie.


Now, these are a treat. However, they are grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free. They only use coconut sugar. They are so wonderful but they are still just a treat. Don't think you can go and pound them down because the ingredients fall under the permissible food group. Eat one and walk away. Run if you have to. 

You can find the recipe here.

Time to get out and get the lymph system working with a good brisk walk. Maybe a little P90x, ab ripper x to top it off, plant a few new garden plants and do lots and lots of laundry. Happy day. May your day be every bit as exciting!



No comments: