Monday, January 28, 2008

Artificial America


Do you really know what you are eating? Do you have any idea what is in the food you are feeding your children? None of us would feed our child poison but how many of us are allowing them to eat food that is so packed with artificial ingredients that to the body that is exactly what it is: poison. The truth is, America has gone artificial. Why? Because it is cheaper. Real food cost money and big companies know that. They can switch to a cheap , processed, artificial means of food and no one really says anything. It tastes good and packages well but, what really are they feeding us? Since America is really run by big companies, ie, the American Dairy council, Coca Cola, Drug companies, how can you trust what they are saying. Although so many issues are being brought before congress for investigation, the big companies use any means possible to stop these, knowing that regulations would affect them greatly. So, enlightened homemakers of America, it is your responsibility to know for yourselves what you are eating and what you are feeding your little Americans at home. What are we going to find out in ten years that causes cancer when it is too late? The information is out there now. Research, know for yourselves. I do believe that in moderation, most things will not kill us, but, I do have a list of the ingredients that I simply do not buy:
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Partially Hydrogenated oils
Food Dyes
Aspartame
Go look in your pantry today. What are you feeding your kids? If you understand that what we eat has a direct correlation to how we feel and act, it is easier to be concerned with what we are eating. If you don't know about these ingredients, give it a google. These artificial ingredients are not recognized by the body and cannot be processed like real food. They are stored as toxins, and toxins cause diseases. Why is America so sick? Why is cancer out of control, MS, Autism, ADHD? Fortunately, it is much easier and cheaper now to find good foods. Companies are removing the partially hydrogenated oils. 0 trans fats means they do not contain the bad oils.
I urge you all to read your labels, know what you are eating. Take a look in your pantry today. It is our jobs to take care of our children, to give them the opportunity to feel good and to focus and enjoy life. I believe we will be held accountable for our care we give our children. What is more important than their health?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips. It seems so overwhelming to me to find good healthy food to feed my family these days. It's the snacking foods I feel that are hard. I feel like I really try. Preparing meals that are not processed, we have incorporated your smoothies into our diets, what other wisdom can you give me? I need examples, ideas of what you guys eat. I would love to see a food log of the types of foods you feed your children. What are you staples, favorites? Thanks!

Becky said...

Everything you said makes sense. I have read or heard a lot of it before, but I need help. I agree with Kristen and would love any ideas on what you feed your kids. I can only get mine to eat so many bananas and apples. Can you share some of your menu with us?