Monday, January 14, 2008

Simply Organized





Last year was my year to get my house totally organized.(I'm almost there!) Everything in a place.My favorite accomplishment was all of the loose papers in the kitchen- those handouts from enrichment, ward lists, kitchen manuals for all of the kitchen novelties I buy, etc. I went to costco and bought a bunch of binders and sheet protectors. I have many binders each with a different topic, Kitchen manuals, Phone lists, Recipes, etc. They are each filled with sheet protectors so that when I get a new paper or manual, I just slip it into the plastic. I always know where everything is. I especially love having all of my manuals in one place. I keep the warranty card with it so I never have to wonder, "Now, where did I put that information!"I have one for my year supply so I can list what boxes I have and where in the house they are stashed along with dates of when I bought them. This helps me with rotation. My other favorite binder is for my loose recipes. Whenever I print one off or get one from enrichment, I just throw it in the plastic. This was so simple and left me wondering, why did I not do this before!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Great idea. I use a similar system for recipes but hadn't thought of using it for everything else. I might be making a Costco run soon!

Melissa said...

Is this the former Shari Lee? I love your site and what great ideas you have. If this is Shari, so good to reconnect with you and how do you know the Simas family?

Shari Goodman said...

Melissa,
Yes, the one and only. I am in Tracey's ward. We should all go out for lunch! my email is goodman-7@cox.net

Vanessa Cuevas said...

You are Awesome!!!! My dream come true would be for you to come help me. Thanks for the idea I am going to try them. By the way I enjoyed spending time with you and Anne on Tuesday.