Friday, January 11, 2008

Homemade Yogurt
Most people who know me know
my position on milk. Our bodies
cannot properly digest the
proteins in pasteurized milk.
Because of that, yogurt too
cannot be properly digested as
we get it in the store. However,
yogurt has many very healthy
properties that are so beneficial
for our bodies. In researching
about yogurt, I have found the
solution- The milk in yogurt can be digested if only processed
properly. In almost all commercial yogurts, the yogurt is cured
for about 4 hours. To help break down the hard to digest proteins,
24 hours is needed. So, I bought this yogurt maker several months
ago to start making this myself. It has sat in my pantry until a
few days ago. I pulled it out and found out how easy this is! It
makes 8 cups at a time. My kids loved it and I am making it
again today. It costs half the price of regular yogurt and only
contains what you put into it, no blue food coloring or sugar.
We love it with honey, vanilla and homemade granola. Try it out!
I bought it online at Lucy's Kitchen shop for about $60.oo. You
can buy the starter at the same company. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

My mom makes has been making homemade yogurt for a while along with keifer. I haven't been brave enough to try it. Do you use raw milk when you make it?

Melissa said...

PS. Love the blog!!

Megan said...

How fun! Thanks for doing this! Does it give you a recipe to follow?

Shari Goodman said...

Yes, It has the recipe with it. Only the milk and the starter. I add a little ultra gel or unflavored gelatin for a thicker yogurt. You add whatever flavors you want when it is done.

Laurie said...

Yeah! Welcome to the blogging world. I can't wait to try all your ideas! I need enlightenment!