Monday, January 21, 2008

Salad Delish


I love salads and am getting quite bored with my regular repertoire of recipes. So, my enlightened
homemakers, I am making a plea for your favorite salad recipes. Anyone out there who has one
to share, email me with your recipe in word format as an attachment. In return, I will email you back all of the recipes that I get. Hopefully, all who participates will come out with a whole batch of salad
recipes. I tried a great one out the other night with a dressing recipe copied from Cafe Rio ( A very tasty mexican restaurant). Here is the dressing, also great for a chip dip. I tossed it with chopped lettuce, sweet corn, pulled pork, avocados and other shredded veggies. My kids loved it. goodman-7@cox.net
Cafe Rio Dressing
1 Buttermilk Ranch Dressing packet (Mix per instructions)
2 Tomatillos (Not tomatoes)
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeno ( or about 3 -4 slices from a jar)
Put all in a blender or food processor until mixed. Chill.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel like I have hit the jackpot when I found your blog, you have some great ideas and information in here. I love the blog revolution! I would love to do lunch. Amy and I have been trying to get together, I'll call you.

Cherstin said...

have you ever tried a poppy seed dressing? The best one is made by Brianna's Home Style. It is great on simple salads like spinich,some type of fruit(i use manderine oranges)and almond slices or something crunchy. It has a lot of flavor so it can be used on something simple. However it's really not the dressing of choice if you are trying to lose wieght. it's not as bad as ranch dressing but it wont help you to lose anything. Also i wanted you to know that i used your tips for making a better cookie and it worked. they were the best cookies i've ever made. Thank you.