Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nature Bracelet


I love to take walks right now with my little 3 year old because to him, there is nothing funnier than mom running and crunching through the leaves. He loves to pick them up and throw them at me or stuff them in my pockets. It is just a hilarious game he thinks he made up. He also loves to collect cute little things he finds along the way. Rocks, feathers, leaves, etc. A fun little way for him to keep his collections as he walks is to make a duck tape bracelet. Put a strip of duck tape around their wrist, sticky side up like a bracelet. As they walk and find their treasures, they can stick them on the tape. When they get home, cut it off and they can keep it to show everyone. This is much better than digging them out of their pockets when you do the laundry! Take a walk today! Life is beautiful especially through a 3 year-olds eyes.

4 comments:

wendilee said...

I love that idea. I've gotta try that with Porter. I know he would love it. Thanks for the great idea!

Laurie said...

Wonderful idea! Does snow stick to duct tape? But really, I will try that when things dry out a bit!

The Lees said...

How cute. I can just picture his sweet smile. I'll have to give that a try when Hannah's older. For now a walk just puts her to sleep. Nap time is a good excuse for me to put her in the jogger and take her for a run.

Mandy Stewart said...

I am all over this idea. I love it!
What a wonderful thing to do with your children. thx.