Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Do NOT make this cookie!



Since I just gave you some sugar facts, I thought it natural that the next blog is about cookies! Hey, if your going to eat sugar, make it count! Well, Saturday my daughter and her friend wanted to make some cookies. I don't like cookies in general except for chocolate chip. I decided that since I was trying to loose a couple Christmas pounds, I would stay away from the chocolate chip and try something I thought I wouldn't like. Well, after pounding away at least 4 cookies, I had to physically remove myself from the kitchen. These were quite tasty to say the least!

Here is the recipe but first let me pass on a few cookie tips that I have learned from my very talented sister-in-law, Melissa, (who really should open a bakery) and my neighbor, Anne. To get that perfect shape to your cookie, like Mrs. Fields, the key other than a good recipe is to beat the sugar and the butter until very light and creamy. Not just mixed. You want the sugar to no longer be in the crystal form. This keeps the cookie from looking like a cowpie. Next, when the cookie is done, just after taking the pan out of the oven, drop the pan hard on the counter. It flattens the cookie and gives it a perfect shape. Try it out! Just be careful when making
this cookie, as I stated, do not make this cookie if you are trying to loose weight!


Triple Chocolate Cookie

2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups softened butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips


Beat butter and sugar till very light and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla
and beat again until even more light and creamy. Add the rest of the
ingredients except for chips. When mixed, fold in chips. Bake at 350 about
8- 9 mn . Take out and drop on counter!




1 comment:

Laurie said...

Don't worry, I WON'T be making it anytime soon! You picked a bad time in my life to start such a delicious blog. Why couldn't you have started this up about 4 months ago when I could eat all this stuff?!