Thursday, February 28, 2008

BBQ Chicken Chop Salad


I love salads and my kids seem to accept them quite well lately so I have been trying out some new recipes. This one is from a new cookbook I bought from my fellow blogger Molly. It is so easy and so yummy. Try it out this weekend to get your greens in.
BBQ CHICKEN CHOP SALAD
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or about 6-8 chicken tenders
1 cup barbecue sauce
Marinate chicken in sauce, then bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Chop into pieces and refrigerate.
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
3 to 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 jicama, peeled and diced ( I omitted this)
1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
1/2 pound monterey jack cheese, grated
Combine chicken in large bowl with salad ingredients and toss. Serve with Ranch dressing and additional BBQ sauce and crispy corn chips.
I served this with cute little corn muffins. It was a perfect meal, especially as it starts to warm up!
Have a great weekend and I will be back next week with some great topics! Don't miss it!

1 comment: