Monday, February 4, 2008

A "stick to your ribs" breakfast


I have had a couple of fellow E.H. chicks email me some oatmeal recipes that are great for our chilly weather. I would love to pass them on. Try them out, see what you think! Its a good way to sneak in those new grains! I hope you all are trying them. So far, the ladies who have ,reported that their kids have loved it all! FYI, my greatest fan , Anne, found a website, everythingkitchens.com that has the yogurt maker for a better price and has many other great items. She also said that she found the square containers at Walmart. Thanks, Anne, for all your research!
Master Oatmeal Mix
3 C Rolled Oats
3 C 7 or 11 grain mix
1 C powdered milk
3 tsp cinnamon
1 C Raisins (opt)
1 C Dates (opt)
To make, Boil 3 cups water with 2 cups mix (can double or decrease as needed). As soon as it doubles, remove from heat and let stand until it thickens and cools.
**From Cindy Thomas, hope I got it right!
Oatmeal Quinoa Cereal
1/4 C Quinoa
3/4 cup water
Boil 10 mn
Add :
1/4 Cup quick oats
1/4 Cup water
Boil about 1 mn more
Add a little milk and brown sugar and anything else you like
**From Laurie Lee

No comments: