Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blueberrylicious!



Did you know that blueberries are one of the highest yielding antioxidant fruits? Antioxidants help rid the body of free radicals which age us and pollute our bodies. The berry family also helps you have beautiful glowing skin. So, throw in those berries wherever you can! Here is one of my favorite muffin recipes , many of you already have this but many of you might not yet. I love to make this in mini muffin style, much cuter that way. They are great to freeze.

Banana Blueberry Muffins


2 extra ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup blueberries,frozen or fresh
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Mash bananas well in bowl until puree'd, add eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in the blueberries. Bake at 350 for about 12-15 min. for mini muffins, 20-25 mn for bigger muffins or until center springs back when touched.

4 comments:

Cindy Thomas said...

Hi Shari. 1/2 cup canola oil versus 1/2 cup melted butter - do you have any insight on the two. I have Emma mixing up the batter right now. We're going to try it with the canola oil and 1/2 the brown sugar... we'll let you know what we get! :)

Abby Runyan said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I have a son with Autism and like you I have SO many issues with Dr's. We have started so many bio-medical treatments including a strict diet of Gluten Free/ Casein Free. We started the diet in September and just about 3 weeks ago he stopped eating. He is the pickest eater and just will refuse to eat. I gave in and took him off his diet and I have been a mess ever since, knowing he is getting so many bad things. If you have time will you e-mail or reply to my blog and let me know what kind of diet you have your son on. Also, I live in NY right now but am moving back to AZ and would love to know who your Dr is. Sorry for the long response I have been so upset for a couple of weeks about his diet and really feel like God helped me find your blog. Thanks for sharing your info. My e-mail is nauvoochick@hotmail.com

Jenson Family said...

Sounds awesome! I am going to try it out! I'll let you know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

My kids love blueberries in their oatmeal and plain cereals. Easy to add in smoothies too! We just buy the big frozen bag at Costco.