Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cowboy Caviar

I am posting this recipe so Ms. Payne will stop bugging me. (Ha) I made this for our Cabin Retreat this past weekend and it is always a big hit. I wish I could claim it for being my recipe but I got it from my sister-in-law, Melissa. It is so healthy, low fat and delicious. Kids even love it. This is very similar to the recipe posted by Kristin on my blog but a little different sauce. Here you go, Ms. Payne:


Cowboy Caviar


2 cans shoepeg corn, drained or 1 can white corn or 2 cups frozen thawed white corn.1 can black eyed peas, drained

1 tomato, chopped

1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped

1 bunch green onions, chopped

2 cloves garlic, crushed

2 avocados, chopped

2 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp pepper

3/4 tsp salt

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil

Mix dressing ingredients and whisk till incorporated. Add all other ingredients. Chill. Serve with corn chips. Scoops are great!



I must also let you know about a great blog I ran into from someone who left a comment. It is called Sisters Cafe and it is a site full of the best recipes I have seen. I am not sure who these sisters are, but they are some great cooks! I have tried out several recipes and want to try them all out. I made the Peanut Sauce Chicken last night, YUM and will try out the Flank Steak just posted on their blog tonight. I will post their link to the right or you can click on their header above. Thanks Ladies for taking the time to share your cooking ventures with us all!



3 comments:

Megan said...

WOW! Great find Shari! Thanks for sharing...

Lori said...

Thanks, Shari!! This was so yummy!

Shara said...

I read "coyboy caviar" and was prepared for something my husband would never try, but this looks really good! Thank you! and great blog by the way!