Thursday, May 15, 2008

Organic Vs. Non Organic.....


I am really trying to incorporate more organic foods into my household, but it is tough to find and more expensive most of the time. I subscribe to a "daily tip" email from Dr. Weil listing produce that you don't need to worry about buying organically grown and a list of produce that you should buy organically grown. This was a great little tip as with all of his daily tips that I get. His site is DrWeil.com for any of you interested. He knows it all in the holistic field. I thought I would pass a long these lists to you:

11 Foods you Don't need to buy organically grown:

Asparagus
Avocados
Bananas
Broccoli
Cabbage
Corn

Kiwi
Mangos
Onions
Pineapples
Peas

12 Foods that Do need to buy organically grown:

Apples
Bell Peppers
Celery
Cherries
Imported Grapes
Nectarines
Peaches
Pears
Potatoes
Raspberries
Spinach
Strawberries



1 comment:

The Lees said...

That makes sense. Thanks for the tip.