Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Millions of Peaches.....


I know this girl that told her husband that the peach tree didn't need anymore pruning. I now know this girl who has a peach bush instead of a peach tree. This same girl is now left with a million little tiny peaches that take one hour just to slice two sandwich bags full of peach filling. I , I mean this girl, is still slicing away as she hates to waste food and they are quite sweet. With millions of peaches there needs to be millions of recipes so I had to help her and create some great recipes. My fuzzy little friends with Vitamin A and C made into a great little muffin Saturday morning. I was proud of this creation and my daughter told me that I had to blog it and tell everyone that she loves them. Here you go, just in case you too have a peach bush. (sorry husband, next time I will let you prune to your hearts desire.)

Tropical Peach Muffins

1 1/2 whole wheat flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup milk or kefir
1 egg
1 cup peeled and diced fresh peaches

Preheat oven to 400. combine dry ingredients then stir in wet ingredients. Fold in peaches. Fill 12 muffin cups that are lined or sprayed. Top with the following mixture:

1/2 cup coconut
1/3 cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon

Stir then mix in 2 T melted butter. 
Mix until crumbly then top each muffin with some.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

mmmm. sounds good, now to find some fresh peaches!